Tuesday 15 October 2013

Cornish Blue Stuffed Mushroom (V)

A long with the Feta stuffed mushrooms this was a recipe I used as a side dish to a main meal, but would also work as a starter and is a great way to use any old mushrooms. I happened to have some left over Cornish Blue in my fridge but it would also work with other blue cheese's although I personally would say don't use to strong a flavored cheese (eg a mature Stilton) as this would quite possibly over shadow the flavor of the mushrooms.

Ingredients

2 Large Flat Mushrooms
75 grams of Cornish Blue or another Blue Cheese
Fry-light
Sat
Pepper

Method

Pre Heat the oven to gas mark 5
Peel the mushroom and remove the stalks.
Spray the 'cup' side of the mushroom with a little fry-light
Break up the Cornish Blue cheese and place in cup side of mushroom
Season with a little Salt and Pepper.
Place stuffed Mushrooms on a baking tray.
Bake in the Pre Heated oven for approx 20 mins, until the mushroom is fully cooked and the cheese has started to melt
Remove from Oven and serve.

I hope you enjoy this recipe idea and please feel free to leave me any feedback or suggestions on how to improve or alter this dish.

1 comment: